Everyone is welcome to submit comments to this forum. Forum posts and comments do not constitute legal advice of any kind. The information contained in this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the ABA.
User Conduct. Your comments to the forum may not:
- violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- misappropriate or infringe any third-party rights;
- be harassing, vulgar, defamatory or deceptive;
- contain a virus, spyware, or other harmful component;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; or
- contain or disclose any sensitive, proprietary or confidential information about yourself or others.
When using the forum, you will not:
- use any material obtained through the forum for commercial purposes;
- engage in spamming, flooding, harvesting of email addresses or other personal information, spidering, screen-scraping, database-scraping, or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users, contact information or other information;
- send advertisements, chain letters or pyramid schemes via the forum;
- obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the forum, or other computer systems or information in connection with the forum through any means; or
- use the forum in any manner that could damage or disable the forum or interfere with any other party’s use of the forum.
Content Monitoring. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to monitor any content submitted to the forum. We may edit, delete, remove or decline any content you submit at any time.
Privacy. We may collect information from you when you participate on our site, for example, if you comment on a post or contact us. In addition to the content you include in your comment or communication, we may also collect a user name and IP address or other web log information, which we will use to post your comment or respond to your communication. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in our online forum becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information, such as contact information (like home address and phone number) or financial information. Although we try to protect your personal information when using our public forum, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
License. Any content submitted to the forum (for example, your comments) may be made available to the public. By submitting content, you represent and warrant that such content is original to you, that no other party has any rights to it, and that any “moral rights” in the content have been waived. When you submit content, you grant us a royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content (in whole or part) and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
Proprietary Rights. You may reproduce individual posts or comment strings from the forum for educational purposes or for your internal use only, on the condition that you provide appropriate attribution and links back to this forum.
Termination. We may terminate, change or suspend any aspect of the forum, including these terms, or your access to the forum, at any time. If we change these terms, we will post the amended terms on the website.
Copyright. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the forum do the same. In appropriate circumstances, we will terminate the use privileges of repeat infringers of intellectual property rights. If you believe that your work has been infringed, please forward the following information to the Copyright Agent designated pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(2):
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Copyright Agent: Catherine A. Daubard, 321 N. Clark Street, 21st Floor, Chicago, IL 60610-4714, 312.988.5214 (phone), 312.988.5217 (fax), daubardc (at) staff (dot) abanet (dot) org.
Disclaimer of Warranties. This forum and its content are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any warranties concerning the availability, retention, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, usefulness or security of any content, whether provided by us or guest writers or by you, and any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The ABA assumes no responsibility for (i) the content or materials that users may submit to this forum, or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from its use or appearance on this forum, or (ii) damages to your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to or use of the forum .
Applicable Laws. We control and operate this forum from our offices in the United States. We do not represent that materials on the forum are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access this forum from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
These terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and any cause of action that may arise under these terms shall be commenced and heard in the appropriate court in the State of Illinois, Cook County, and you further agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts thereof. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.