The following guidelines apply to you as a contributor to The Secure Times Online Forum. This forum is made available by the Privacy and Information Security Committee of the American Bar Association.
- Each of your postings must be original to you, and must not contain any content that infringes or misappropriates any third party’s personal, contractual, intellectual property or other proprietary rights, including without limitation patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, rights of privacy or publicity, or trade secrets.
- For each of your postings, you grant to the ABA a royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part) on the forum. If you are contributing in your capacity as an employee of a company or other entity, you are responsible for obtaining any approvals licenses from such company or entity.
- You may not be anonymous on the forum, and you may not impersonate any third party when acting as a contributor on the forum.
- You must use reasonable efforts to verify the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of each of your forum posts.
- You may not: (a) use any portion of the forum for any purpose in violation of any applicable laws or regulations; (b) include in any post any material that is unlawful, obscene, fraudulent, defamatory or abusive; (c) post any advertisements, promotions or solicitations for business; or (d) distribute any virus or other harmful or malicious code into the posts or the forum.
- You should not alter or edit the comments submitted by users. If a user submits a comment that reveals any sensitive or personal information (for example, home addresses, telephone numbers, social security numbers, financial information), or that contains any disruptive, unlawful, infringing or otherwise objectionable content, you should delete the comment, in whole, from the forum. In your discretion, and if the commenter’s e-mail address is available, you may e-mail the commenter to explain why you removed the comment.
- Don’t share your forum password with anyone else.