The FTC has announced the appointments of several senior staff at the Commission:
- Cecelia Prewett as the Director of the Office of Public Affairs. Ms. Prewett has a background in communications both in the public and private sector, working for the American Association for Justice, AARP, the State of Illinois, and on Capitol Hill as a communications director to several Members of Congress
- Jessica Rich as Deputy Director in the Bureau of Consumer Protection ("BCP"). Ms. Rich was most recently the Acting Associate Director of the Division of Privacy and Identity Protection in the BCP. She was formerly an Assistant Director in the same division and the Division of Financial Practices, legal advisor to the Director of the BCP, and staff attorney in one of the FTC’s consumer fraud divisions.
- Charles Harwood as Deputy Director in the Bureau of Consumer Protection. Mr. Harwood previously was the Director of the FTC’s Northwest Regional Office in Seattle for 20 years. Prior to joining the FTC, Mr. Harwood served as a counsel to the U.S. Senate’s Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, and the U.S. Department of the Interior’s Indian Arts and Crafts Board.
- Norm Armstrong, Jr. as Deputy Director in the Bureau of Competition. Mr. Armstrong has served as Acting Deputy Direct in the Bureau of Competition, Deputy Assistant Director of the Mergers IV Division, Counsel to the Director, and Liaison to the Department of Defense.
- Joel Winston as Associate Director of the Division of Financial Practices. Mr. Winston has previously held several positions within the FTC including Associate Director of two divisions, Assistant Director of a division, and Assistant Deputy Director of the BCP.
- Maneesha Mithal as Associate Director of the Division of Privacy and Identity Protection. Ms. Mithal has previously served as Assistant Director of the same division and Assistant Deputy Director of the BCP.
- Mark Eichorn as Assistant Director of the Division of Privacy and Identity Protection. Mr. Eichorn has served as an Attorney Advisor to the Chairman and in the Division of Advertising Practices.